Saturday, March 17, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I thought I'd celebrate today with a VERY simple green card that we made at my class a few weekends ago.

I took all my Fresh Florals DSP to Kinko's to have it cut to 4x6 panels not too long ago, and as I was putting it away, the Lemon Lime Twist pieces really caught my eye, so I pulled some out for a little idea for my class. The watercolor style images are so soft, I thought it would be fun to make them crisper with my stamp etching technique. You can see the video for that technique below. It's amazing how just a few little stroked transform this little piece of paper. So fun and simple.
Celebrate You Thinlit Dies by...
[ SUP ]
Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper...
[ SUP ]
Sharpie Ultra-Fine Point Marker
[ BLIC ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock by...
[ SUP ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | HA | SSS | ELH | SBC | MFT ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Sizzix BIG SHOT EXPRESS Gray and...
[ SSS | CST | BMS | ART ]
Absorber - Synthetic Cleaning Cloth
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | ART | AMZUS ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Multipurpose Liquid Glue by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]

Do you have plans for today? We generally shelter in place on holiday weekends here, because Austin goes nuts over any chance to drink and act foolish, and it's better just to be at home with the kitties and my stamps.

I'm not even having any traditional Irish fare, mostly because I don't like corned beef, but also because I felt like having a steak today. So the grill will be fired up soon.

So here's the video on my stamp etching technique - it's such a simple way to transform a stamp or paper. The bonus is that it's also very relaxing. So enjoy this oldie but goodie. Click here to watch this on YouTube.



Hope you have a great weekend. Here's a really nice music video, here's a great book I read recently, suggested by my dad and here's my favorite things page, where you can find more great books and podcasts for your weekend.

Loveyameanitbye.

7 comments:

  1. love, love this...going to do it soon!! thanks for inspiring mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique! The black and white is striking but I really like it on the Coastal Cabana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomely beautiful! Have a blessed day... charlotte Bullock

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought to do this technique on patterned paper! How do you keep your head up with a brain that big? :) I use the flicking motion a lot because I haven't mastered blending and that's ok with me. We had the traditional corned beef, cabbage and potatoes, and watched it rain almost all day. I never met a potato I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this. Everything. About. This.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this technique. It's relaxing to watch you. It makes me want to try this myself. I would love to be a student in one of your classes.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...