Monday, January 15, 2018

All the Feels for Greg & Angie

I'm feeling fortunate to be able to head to our industry trade show this week - Creativation - formerly CHA. Seeing the upcoming product releases is just an incidental bonus on top of seeing the wonderful people that I work with in the crafting industry. It's like a giant retreat with all of your friends, except you're working your butt off and walking 36 billion miles a day inside the convention center. I love it, and I'm looking forward to it.

Two of the people I'm really looking forward to are my beloved Greg & Angie from Concord & 9th. These are two really kind, sweet friends that I wouldn't trade for all the art supplies on earth. I adore them. They give me all the feels.

This month they came out with an AMAZING release, including the world's most incredible alphabet set. I can't wait to get home from the show and crank out more cards with this ingenious collection. It's subdivided into special, focused bundles, or you can buy the whole collection for a discount.

I took the heart from the Monogram Hello Lovely bundle, and did a few little tricks. I stamped the solid image multiple times in the MISTI in Smoky Slate to get a slightly darker grey. I stamped the bottom two flowers four or five times in Tempting Turquoise to get a darker blue, and then stamped the top flower just twice to get a lighter blue. They've invented sooooo many things - the Turnabout stamps, matching paper and stencils - on and on, but one of my favorite things they do that's super unique is these solid stamps with matching images that fit into them, so that you have beautiful color opportunities. That's why I was filled with squee when I saw this bundle. It speaks to my CAS, color-loving heart. I added some sparkly enamel dots, and gold glitter flakes too, and then stamped the sentiment in black.
All the Feels by Understand Blue
Monogram HELLO LOVELY BUNDLE -...
[ C&9 ]
Monogram Collection BUNDLE - Concord...
[ C&9 ]
January 2018 Release BUNDLE - Concord...
[ C&9 ]
Lemon Lime Twist Classic Stampin' Pad...
[ SUP ]
Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin'...
[ SUP ]
Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad...
[ SUP ]
Stewart Superior India Ink Pad / Reinker
[ ART | AMZUS ]
Gold Glitter Flakes by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Glitter Enamel Dots by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]
Ranger .5 Oz. MINI MULTI MEDIUM MATTE...
[ SSS | ELH | MFT ]
Marvy Uchida JEWEL PICKER Tool 91GRC
[ SSS | ELH | ART ]
MISTI Stamping Tool
[ MSW | ELH | SSS | SBC ]
Whisper White Cardstock - Thick
[ SUP ]
Rotatrim Professional Series Cutter -...
[ BLIC ]
Mudder 10 Pack White Buffer Sanding...
[ AMZUS ]
Xyron ADHESIVE ERASER 23675
[ SSS | AMZUS | ART ]
Bone Folder by Stampin' Up!
[ SUP ]

You can see the rest of the January release here. It's amazing, as are they.

Here's a tip on the glitter flakes - which are amazing little hexagonal foil pieces that add so much sparkle! The way I adhere them is to put little dots of multi-medium matte all over my card. Then I use my Jewel Picker to pick up the flakes and put them down onto the adhesive.

Easy and sparkly!

Hope you have a great week! Check out my Facebook and Instagram feeds for peeks from the show! If you're going, I'd love to see you there.

Loveyameanitbye.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you about them!! I look forward to meeting them as well as you at Creativation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!!! Have an awesome time and thanks for the tip on how to use the gold glitter flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS card! I agree that their products are AMAZING!!!!!! I actually hit overdraft because I HAD TO ORDER 🙄😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card, Lydia, and adore the sentiment. Have a great time and please say "hi" for me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and color choices. I do love how creative Concord & 9th products are. Have an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...