Sunday, December 8, 2013

Blue Snow, Of Course!

I had my monthly class yesterday and despite the frigid temperatures, we had a blast. It was also my customer Christmas party, so everyone went home with a prize.

One of the cards we did was for a VSN challenge by Lee - to create snow in a color. Well boy that color choice was hard - NOT.

I saw this technique in Tootsy's gallery on Splitcoast and I thought it was so cool.

What I did was cut a snowflake with my Festive Flurry Framelits out of the chipboard that comes with every package of Designer Series paper. I taped that to the back of my Core'dinations Coastal Cabana, and used the sanding block to sand it, giving me a ghostly blue snowflake for my background. Then I just added a precut, silver glimmer snowflake from the Festive Flurry ornament kit - I'm having a class on this next weekend, by the way, if you'd like to come - and a Frosted Finishes embellishment. It's so sparkly and cool. I think they enjoyed it.


Pin It
Now speaking of blue things - I had a little fun experimenting today with my Pan Pastels, now that I've cracked them open.

I am no good at drawing, but I still made this fun portrait for an art journal page in under 7 minutes.


Want to see how?

I have a video tutorial over on Project Reanimate, because it involves a little recycling. To see it, follow me to my Making Faces tutorial.

Loveyameanitbye.



2 comments:

  1. You ROCK!!! And also...you ROCK!! I love that snowflake!!! It's all shimmery dontchaknow!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea! Now I need to figure out how to use snowflack in a sentence. :P

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...