Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What if a Giant Picked You Up?

I was thinking this morning how shocking it must be for my little tigers when I pick them up.

Imagine that you are just taking a nap - on what you consider to be your bed, and a GIANT creature that you can't communicate with - except through biting, maybe - PICKS YOU UP with its giant, bald hands, squeezes you and kisses you on the head. For all you know, kissing is what these giants do before they eat you. These giants do this whenever they want to. Sometimes they flip you on your back and make sounds you don't understand while they rub your belly.

How do you get used to a thing like that?

It's really weird when you stop and think about it.

It's not like large cats in the wild were ever picked up and cuddled by anything.

It's a relatively recent development in their history too, so they've adapted quickly.

Would you?

This is what happens when I don't have caffeine until 9 AM, people! My mind wanders!

Now speaking of my mind wandering, I saw this idea on Pinterest and I had to make my own version.


Pin It

Cute, right? So easy and fun. I think my class just loved it. You just need flower trim, Itty Bitty Banners, Itty Bitty Banners Framelits and Red Glimmer Paper.

Oh - happy Palindrome day!

It's a red letter day!

3-13-13 is a palindrome.

13 is my lucky number.

I was eating bacon at Bacon for lunch when I found out we had a new Pope!

First from the Americas!

AND, named for my most beloved saint - St. Francis.

I have a life sized statue of St. Francis carved from Mexican mesquite in my living room. It's my most beloved possession. I was born on St. Bartholomew's day -  but that was a mistake, because the patron saint of animals is indeed the saint I identify most closely with.

And the one Splotchy identifies most closely with.



Loveyameanitbye.


2 comments:

  1. I have to say, I have wondered the same thing about my panthers! How annoying it is to be walking along and all of a sudden get picked up and cuddled far from the ground! Our Storm is VERY particular. She adopted us last year at this time. She was one sick little kitten! She's never gotten over those first weeks in the wild fending for herself. She will only allow holding one way....if tells us she wants down...she means it and if you aren't fast enough the claw comes out!!! She's so fun and sweet though....I have to ignore that! After all....how would I like it if a giant up and picked me off my feet without warning!

    Cute card!!! Love the flowers. I bought a 4 pack and haven't decided what to do with them yet!!!

    Hello to splotchy! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia, you leave me rolling on the floor every time. Your randomness is hysterical, your card is totally yummy, and Splotchy makes a fabulous imitation grumpy cat!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...