Friday, February 8, 2013

Resistance is Futile

I don't know how Amazon knows me so well. You know how they track what you look at and then for days you see obscure suggestions when you visit the site that are all related to your search?

Well every now and then there's a bit of delightful randomness thrown in. Like this one I got this week:


That's right - the world's largest cup of coffee.

I was tempted.

Or this one, which is even more me!

Sometimes they get it right. And when they do, resistance is futile!

Now speaking of resistance, today is the second MIX-Ability challenge and the technique is emboss resist!

Now I told you that my goal is to make CAS mixed media cards, and so that's what I did for today's challenge.

I actually did TWO kinds of resist - acrylic resist and ink resist over clear embossing.

First, I stamped the larged heart from Hearts a Flutter with Versamark on Whisper White and then I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I rubbed it with an Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber in Willow, and then wiped the paint off the embossed portions. Then I took a sponge and rubbed Bermuda Bay Ink on top of that and again cleaned the embossed parts.


Pin It

I used the paint to give it a little variegated look, since one color is so... well, one color, and also to add  a hint of yellow to match the Summer Starfruit I used on the rest.  The paint is almost identical to Summer Starfruit.

Then I cut out the hearts with the Hearts a Flutter framelits, added some linen thread and boom - resistance is futile!

Oh - and if you want to sign up for my Dress Up! class at the end of the month (long distance is welcome - you'll get all product and instructions!) please do so here!

Loveyameanitbye.


2 comments:

  1. These mix-ability challenges are evil, er I mean, fun! I have an idea for the first one... and still need to get to the craft (crap) store. I'll catch up someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bacon mug!!!!! Great idea for the stamp set.... I have it!!!! ;) YAY

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...