Monday, October 1, 2012

What Are You Made Of?

Can you believe it's October already? I guess time really does speed up as you age. Or maybe even babies think it's going faster! :)

October has come to be my favorite crafty month of the year because of the AMAZING Splitcoast Hope You Can Cling To card drive benefiting patients at the MD Anderson Breast Cancer Unit and their families.

Last year, our community sent more than 3,000 cards to women fighting for their lives - that's how awesome papercrafters are when you give them a great cause and a great challenge. It's really an honor to be a part of this and I love seeing what all of you do.

My challenge is up, and I'd love it if you played along. I decided that since serious illnesses and other tests of human nature can really reveal what you're made of, that I would use that as the basis for my challenge. So to play along, you just need to make a card that shows off what you consider to be the core of your designing style.

For me, this is very clear, although it wasn't always. I like lots of white space, CAS cards, but with extremely vivid, bright, complementary colors.

The idea for this card came to me when I was in Santa Fe. I was so glad to be there this year when it was warmer and not snowing. I like snow, but I'm not overly fond of being cold, so this trip was a nice change. I thought that maybe my favorite snowflakes were on paper :).

I'll try to do a video on how I achieved this look, but it's really simple. Just watercolor paper and reinkers - it was way less than a five minute card, aside from drying time. Plus, I got to play with my new snowflake die that I hadn't used yet. The greeting is from Snowflake Soiree and is stamped in Midnight Muse. Midnight Muse is sort of becoming my new black. You get all that contrast and crispness but just a little softer look. It's harmonious with this image anyway.
Pin It

I really would love if you joined me for this fun month - you'll get a new challenge every day and we have thousands and thousands of dollars in amazing prizes from our generous sponsors. We have a blast in there chatting and stamping and we even have a dedicated thread for recipes. Hope You Can Cling To is where I got the Mac and Geez recipe, after all.

If you play along with my challenge, please use keyword HYCCT1201A when you upload to your gallery so that you are eligible for prizes. And if you or your loved ones' lives have been touched by breast cancer, please share your story, and know that you have more than 300,000 Splitcoaststampers members in your corner with you!

Loveyameanitbye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...