Friday, April 1, 2011

No Foolin'!

I won't trick you. I promise.

But I will let some other people trick you, because it's fun as HECK.

Here are a few of my fave jokes from today.

First, just type "Helvetica" into Google and hit search. HILARIOUS, especially for typography geeks like me!

Next, check out the new version of Gmail - my wrists feel better just watching this!

Then, this fun glimpse of the top viral pictures of 1911 from YouTube.


Or this email I received today from the Soup Peddler - I'm really excited about deep fried soup on a stick dropped from a helicopter!

I hope at least one person has tricked you today! :)

The card I have for you today is one I made for one of Gina K's sketch challenges. I had just gotten this gorgeous paper - Paisley Petals - that the sketch gave me the perfect real estate for! This paper reminds me of that beautiful gold accented Italian stationery from Crane. Yes, I'm hoarding it. :) If you want some, check out the Spring is Blossoming special here - you can get it in your hot little paws from today till the 30th.

Stamps: Sale-A-Bration Set  Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight  
Paper: Rose Red, Paisley Petals, Whisper White Accessories: Ribbon, Rhinestones, punches, dies, Blender Pen

If you are reading in a reader, click over for a second to my blog - I've changed it up a bit, and hopefully you will enjoy it!

What are your plans for the weekend? If you're still having snow - come on down - it's sunny and hot in the Great Republic!


2 comments:

  1. Sooooo....while I was googling Helvetica I noticed a link "Google is Hiring Autocompleters" and I clicked. Reading the job requirements ("you'll get the hang of it after a million searches" and "Psychic reader background") I thought "oh they're just being funny" and clicked on "Add to JobCart" and was promptly sent to the Google Search Page for April Fool's Jokes! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

    We're going to the San Antonio Scottish Highland Games this weekend! SQUEEEE!!!!

    Freakin' LOVE your new footer. Major coveting is going on here. So cute!

    Super cute card! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for prompting me to try a new technique...I'm stuck on tri-shutter cards right now (is that a little like being stuck on Shutter Island? Hee hee)... even tho it's a nice place to be.... But I'll try this cutting technique now. So excited that I ordered this Sale-a-bration set last month! So now I just have to talk ds into staying in Austin after he graduates so that dh and I can retire there and I can take your monthly classes! Sounds like a plan....
    *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...