Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reindeer Food

Look. As a person whose animals eat all of the following:

  • dryer sheets
  • ribbon
  • packing tape
  • styrofoam peanuts
  • pumpkin from the can
  • raw spaghetti
  • lint
  • embossing powder
  • cardstock
I would never advocate giving an improper food to a pet. Really - let them steal it and run under the bed with it like mine do. I think it tastes better under the bed.

No, seriously. I will really be serious.

Do NOT feed your pet reindeer this delicious Ghirardelli peppermint bark/dark chocolate combo that just happens to coordinate perfectly with your papercrafty Christmasy project that you did for your Splitcoast Shoebox Swap.

Don't.

I don't think reindeer are supposed to have peppermint bark.

I have nothing to back this up - it's just a feeling.

What you SHOULD do with said peppermint bark is what I did though.


Step one: see THIS gorgeous creation on Splitcoast.
Step Two: Cut a petal card with your Big Shot Die from Tempting Turquoise.
Step Three: Stamp in black the wreath from Welcome Christmas on white cardstock and punch with this punch.
Step Four: Tie three sides closed with twine.
Step Five: Accent wreath with glitter and glue.
Step Six: Punch out a Martha Stewart teeny deer from Tempting Turquoise and pop him in the middle.

Add candy if you're not giving this to a reindeer. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!! I think your cats may be on to something. (Stuff probably also tastes better under/on/through the Christmas tree too!)

    Love the little pouch - and if you're concerned about reindeer getting into that chocolate, I would be more than happy to take it off your hands (and apply it to my hips)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were going to show us reindeer food (oatmeal + sugar), but this is MUCH better. :)

    My brain, however, is not, because I forgot we had a regular-size petal card die and I was thinking you'd made this from the teeny tiny petal card PUNCH, so that stamp and reindeer would have to be like 1/2" across. And the candy would have more foil than innards.

    I'm okay now, though.

    wv: tubele

    French for "you pretty".

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Love the wreath and reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just beautiful! You wouldn't expect the turquoise on a Christmas craft, but I am lovin it.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...