Thursday, February 11, 2010

I see a Kraft Card and I Want to Paint it.... White

Click here if you want a little of my inspiration music while you read...

After my computer disasters and post-disaster perestroika, I had to rebuild my Itunes playlists, so I've been strolling through playlists past while I stamp, and Paint it Black actually made me get my acrylic paint out and paint this card!

The house image was so teeny that it was getting overwhelmed by the vivid background paper in the circles. So after I put the whole card together, I just painted it - with Delta white acrylic paint that I had left over from painting my pumpkins at Halloween.
Stamps: Good Neighbor, Tiny Tags Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Kraft, Sweet Pea DSP, Whisper White Accessories: Chocolate Chip Marker, Tag punch, 1" circle punch, white paint
All supplies (except paint) Stampin' Up!

You can do this with Gesso too, but Gesso is wetter, so it makes the cardstock curl a little more than a thin coat of white acrylic does. Not fatal, but for the impatient, too long a wait while we flatten it out.

Oh - and I made the clouds with a scalloped circle I punched, a sponge, and tempting turquoise ink - just moved it around and sponged.

Now speaking of music, I came across this video yesterday and it was so sweet and cute, I had to share... Hope you enjoy it.





Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

6 comments:

  1. Love your card, Lydia!! Now I've got the lyrics to that song running through my head. Good song though!

    I love the little tag in front of the circles. Nicely done!

    Off to watch the video now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love love this card!

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia ... I HAD to comment on the Scholar Ladies' video! It was sooooo awesome. Since I work at a school, I've posted this video on my facebook and intend to share it with my teachers. I wouldn't be surprised if they show it to the students themselves. What fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really really really really really really really really and for ever really's its really funny

    Love, kelly

    WV: puggin- Where's the "l"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so fun taking another path... Like the one I took from your latest blog post. This card is fabulously inspiring and that video song is stuck in my head now...I have to show it to ds..."if you learned it, you shoulda made an A on it...a, a, a...". Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...