Sunday, July 26, 2009

Recurring Themes

Have you ever noticed that you tend to come across recurring themes? Situations that keep happening around you that lead you back to the same questions and answers?

I have some - I run across them in real life, in books, in art - that recur so frequently they are just part of me.

One of them is a classic. I even saw the theme tonight in the movie I watched - Gran Torino.

It's the "what would you do?" theme.

What would you do if something or someone or some idea you cared passionately about needed defending? What if the defense cost a LOT? Would you do it?

Stamps: Service & Sacrifice * cardstock: Kraft, Soft Sky * Ink: Real Red, Craft White * Accessories: Soft Sky Ribbon, White Gel Pen


And while you're asking yourself that, ask yourself just how much you need to care about something, someone or some idea to take up the cause.

It's a good ponder for a Monday.

I practiced the question on Splotchy yesterday. He needed to really spend some quality time right in the middle of my work area to give the question the proper amount of consideration.

He's still thinking about it.


Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that card! Simply perfect! Splotchy must do his best thinking among creative chaos! That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you had to decide if it was worth disturbing Splotchy just to make a silly old card. Well, maybe not silly or old...maybe a really cool card. Still, you had to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,

    Awesome card! This is one of the best patriotic cards that I have ever seen. I love it. So, did you get the card made before Splotchy sat to think, or did you politely move HER and give her a big kiss?

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at those crossroads last August and I chose to give up my life to help someone else. It's be incomprehensibly hard, but I don't regret my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we just watched that movie too! seriously great.
    sadly not enough people in this world stick up for what they believe in anymore.

    great card by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...