Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello Pacific Point Blue...


Goodbye heart!! I love it!!!

I followed Michelle Zindorf's "First Butterfly" tutorial for this, but added white spots to really evoke my beloved Texas sight - the Monarch butterfly.

These migrate each year to Mexico through God's country here in Central Texas and it is a sight to behold.

As is everything Michelle Zindorf does, by the way.

Here's what I did.

I stamped the butterfly from Wonderful Wings in Adirondack Black on Whisper White and heat set it. I colored the butterfly with my Maize, Fluorescent Orange and Chrome Orange Copics. I colored the whole butterfly with Versamarker, and covered it with clear embossing power and embossed it. Then I sponged Green Galore ink on the bottom half of the white panel.
I took my Really Rust Stampin' Spot and used the direct to paper technique to create the "weeds", just tipping the spot on it's side and using the very edge. Then I sponged some Rust at the bottom.

Then I sponged Soft Sky on the top half, and didn't like it. Michelle's color was nicer. So I added Cool Caribbean. THEN OH MY GOD MOMENT WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING GET THE PACIFIC POINT BLUE AND FIX THIS THING!!

So I did. :)

Then I mounted it on Really Rust, and then on Pacific Point Blue. I added some accent dots to mimic the monarch.

The dots are all with my Sharpie White Paint pen - it makes gorgeous dots.

Hope you enjoy it!

Happy Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness.

    The card is stunning girl! I just love it. I think I am about to steel my courage and try some Zindorfs myself!

    I have spent the better part of today playing with the new colors...so check my blog here in a bit, I'm about to put them up right now. Not anywhere as gorgeous as this one, but I'm taking baby steps...lol!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowzer...this is amazing! i'm thrilled to know there's a WHITE sharpie for making dots, because my gel pen is not reliable and usually frustrates me!

    only 14 days until convention! did you try the new vivanno drinks at sbux today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous!!! I need that stamp set, but always lose it on Ebay...UGH But you made such a beautiful card, and that blue butterflies card you did a while back is one of my faves of all time.

    Did you ever pick a winner??
    "If you've made it through this post and would like to win the hostess set "Infinite Goodness", just leave me a comment with what.." Just wishful thinking on my part :-)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...