Saturday, June 7, 2008

Double Dare


Okay - I can't believe I got through a challenge finally! I took my computer apart, replaced the fan (it's still making the airplane sound, but it's a different airplane sound) and decided to sign up with Carbonite Online Backup so that I can just walk away if it all goes to Hades in a handbasket at some point. I'm impressed so far with Carbonite - they do a free trial and they don't even ask you for a credit card to do this - so it actually is a FREE trial, and not a "we're going to hope you don't remember you did this in two months and charge your card eternally" trial. So depending on if this actually works, they might make the blue list!

Anyway, I thought the inspiration challenge at SCS was absolutely stunning. So I headed to Beate's for a layout and combined both challenges in a blue card - how lucky is that? Something about her sketch challenges makes them very easy to work with no matter what stamp you pick up or what idea is in your head.

This is a Bashful Blue base, with a cuttlebug embossed strip of the same. Then there's a Gable Green strip, clear embossed with the flower from Fresh Cuts and then sponged with green galore. This matches that pretty lime bolster in the inspiration piece. Then, I don't have a hyacinth stamp, so I fell back on the ever lovely Bloomin' Beautiful vase with flowers. I colored these with copics, clear embossed, and then sponged them with Bashful Blue, Green Galore and Ballet Blue. This piece is on watercolor paper. The greeting is from Much Appreciated.

Enjoy - I'm gonna go relax.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Alison from Carbonite here. Thanks for signing up for a free trial. I'm sure you'll enjoy the comfort of not having to worry about losing your files. We hope that you'll decide to stick with Carbonite as your online backup of choice. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave Dave Friend, Carbonite's CEO a message at our blog. Again, thanks for trying Carbonite!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...