Tuesday, February 5, 2008

At Laaaaasssstttt (Think Etta James!)

Finally - sorry for the S-S-Silence! But we had our SSS meeting last night so I could not reveal my creation until today.

I told you that the challenge was to create a card using a color combination from the Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper. Using the ACTUAL paper was optional, but you had to stick with a color combo from one of the papers in the pack. I thought it was fun because these papers are so supremely beautiful!

So here was my swap - this is my February 4th card. I used Garden Silhouettes for the base images. I inked them up with Versamark, and then inked them with Taken with Teal and then embossed. I repeated that with Old Olive. Then I sponged the whole card with Apricot Appeal. I matted that with Taken with Teal. The greeting uses the tag punch and then I hand cut the teal mat.

I layered that on my inspiration paper and then onto Old Olive.


For today's card, I CASE'd (Copy and Steal Everything, for the uninitiated :) ) Chris Smith's card on SCS (her SCS handle is "inkpad"). I love her gallery, and I instantly fell in love with this card. I put crystal effects on the flames, and used a versamarker and iridescent ice EP for the cake plate. The swirls on the left are from the new Independence Day set, stamped in Versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice EP. The cardstock colors are Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose.



Finally - the MOSTEXCITINGNEWSEVER! My pre-order from the Occasions Mini Cat I-S C-O-M-I-N-G T-O-M-O-R-R-O-W!!!!!!!!!!! TOMORROW!!! I totally can't wait! Carosel notes!?!?! that set with that BIRD??? OMG. I seriously can't stand it.

We are almost done filming. Then editing and onto TV - wish us luck! Also, I have to give Spottie the - eek- giant needle every day now because her numbers aren't really improving. Will you pray for me & little Spot?

It's Shrove Tuesday - so I had pancakes for dinner. Considering giving up sweets for Lent. What do you think? Are you guys giving anything up? Leave me a comment!!

Happy Stamping - lots to do tonight so I'm signing off to catch up. But I will post some crazy cute stuff tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. ...my love has come along...my lonely days are over...and life is like a song! oh, sorry, you asked me to think Etta James, and I had to finish the lyrics.

    love the cards, the first one especially, and i can't wait to see what you're going to come up with with all the new mini catalog stuff. will you be able to post it here, or do you have to wait until the new catalog goes live before you can share? eek! i hope not!

    i was contemplating what i might give up for lent, and actually wondered about foregoing the internet for 40 days. pretty sure i couldn't do it, so then i thought about giving up chocolate, but that's so passe. i had a coworker a few years ago who, instead of going without something, added something good to her day, like making sure she ate meals with her parents (she was a wiser than her years high school student), and i like that approach to the season. whatever gets your mind considering the sacrifice that it was for Jesus to come to earth will serve the purpose, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!! I especially love the first one!! Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific cards...the first one is excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...