Sunday, November 25, 2007

Help - I'm stamping and I can't get up!!!


Okay - last one of the night and then I promise I'm going to bed. But I had to end on a blue note!


I stamped these feathers (Starving Artistamps) in Basic Black on Soft Sky, and then went over all the negative spaces with my white gel pen. Cool. Then I hand wrote "for you" in the white gel pen on a 1/4" black strip and mounted a rhinestone brad *sigh* - love these - on the strip and put the whole thing together.


You will hear my heart break when / if this color goes away.
PS -I was inspired by a layout in the most recent Anthropologie catalog. I'm not sure why I get this catalog, since I don't have ten billion spare dollars lying around to buy a teacup or a small pottery owl, but it is a lovely catalog, with hundreds of great color combinations and layout ideas ripe for the stamper in me to CASE. But seriously - plates for $80,000? Who are the people for whom this is intended? Even if there's a chance I'm exaggerating the prices a tad, I'm really going to need to know the answer to that question. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying one of everything in that catalog, and two of anything that looks like an owl, FYI. =)

1 comment:

  1. perhaps i'm overtired from serving too many peppermint white mochas or there's some deep-seated weirdness in my brain, but the feather below the "for you" makes me think of a bug instead of a feather. what would Rorschach do with me? suggest sleep, perhaps. i'm off to dreamland so that i can live to serve coffee another day.

    btw, have you seen the white ceramic mugs with BLUE snowflakes at Sbux? they make me think of you...and they're on clearance!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...