Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Sketch Challenge #20

I'm pretty sure some day Beate will ban me for not following instructions, but here's my take on her awesome challenge. I turned the squares sideways but was fairly obedient for the rest.

The embossed strip at the bottom is Aluminum tape from Lowe's, stuck onto ballet blue cardstock and then cuttlebugged. Yes, that is officially a verb now.

I watched a great show on the Discovery channel last night about the history of earth. About 2.5 million years ago, there was no oxygen in the atmosphere - mostly CO2 - and the oceans were full of iron particles, which made both the sea and the sky appear emerald green. It was the presence of oxygen that turned them both blue. So see, none of us could even BREATHE without blue. =)


Have a great Sunday. Hopefully more to come.

4 comments:

  1. Lydia,
    I couldn't ban you from challenges. I never follow sketches to the dot either. They are starting points in my opinion!
    LOVE your card. Love the colors!
    Have a great week! Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning, I just love the embossed metal strip! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Lydia! How clever you are to CBug aluminium tape strip! Really cool effect and so pretty.
    btw...I broke down and bought a CB machine this week. Just couldn't stand living w/o it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aluminum tape?!?! now i can add lowe's to my stamping destinations? bob will be so happy! love that effect...

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...