Happy New Year! I can't believe we are already here, but I'm very happy to be participating in one of my favorite blog hops of the year, so I'm glad you're here!
I thought I'd do a little crafty review of this year - so much has happened in our industry this year that's worth noting - I thought - why let the news channels have all the fun - we have a lot to celebrate in the stamping world!
- Jennifer McGuire's Share Handmade Kindness Campaign - This really is why we all stamp, and I love her for doing this - this really is what she is about - and it's a force for good in the crafty world.
- The year of watercolor - this was the year we went all crazy for Zig Clean Color Markers, Koi travel sets, Gansai Tambi Japanese watercolor and a million other H2O inspired mediums - like my beloved Brusho. I love this because watercolor is one of the most economical coloring mediums around, and the imperfect look is one of the things I love the most. If you haven't seen Dawn Woleslagle's watercolor - prepare to be in awe.
- The MISTI - technically this came out in 2014 - but it really took hold this year and became more widely available - I didn't get mine until this year, and it's changed my stamping life, for sure. Now that the MISTI Mini is available (pre-order) - I can tell you that I love the mini even more than the original - smaller footprint, good companion to the full sized MISTI when I have a multi-part project to set up.
- Periscope - I love the little crafty community on Periscope and the positive environment it is for crafters to spontaneously interact with each other, ask questions, and get to know each other in a more casual setting.
- They're baaacccckkkkk - a few oldies but goodies came roaring back this year: Shaker cards & sequins, string art & embroidery, gold and silver everything, and yes, coloring books (see below).I'm still holding out hope for that big stash of eyelets we all have. Don't pretend you don't have some.
- Punch board mania - the world gave us ALLLLL the punchboards - envelope, gift box, gift bag. I like that there seems to be a refocus on economical tools that help us use what we have in a new way.
- Coloring books - I LOVE this trend - it's sort of mainstreaming what we do on cards, and it's so fun. A few of my favorites include The Secret Garden - Artist Edition. This one is printed on thick cardstock, only on one side, and they can be pulled out for framing. I love this one from The Casual Artist - it has some Zentangle, which I love, but also whimsical and fanciful designs that just speak to me. For some bizarre reason, it's also available on Kindle, which cracks me up and makes me worry about people at the same time.
- Bright, beautiful new Distress Ink Colors - in my opinion the Color of the Year for 2015 was Blueprint Sketch. Don't even THINK about arguing with me about this - it is the unquestionable truth.
- The Curvy Keepsake Box Die - this has got to be one of the best dies ever made. People have done the most creative things with this die - look at this Pinterest board and look at these little animals.
I could go on - but it was a great crafty year. In addition to all this, I bet you had some great connections with crafty friends - online or in person, as did I. Can't wait to see what 2016 brings.
One of the things I know it's bringing is the new Occasions Mini catalog - and it's full of squee-worthy wonder. I've been sitting on this card for a while and I'm so happy to be able to finally post it, because I really had fun making it.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
In addition to the supplies above, I used these Koi watercolors to paint the couple. I did a little video for you too - you can watch that here if you don't see the player below.
Now for the good stuff.
The purpose of this blog hope is simply to thank you - our stamping community for stopping by our blogs throughout the year. Every visit and every comment means so much to us - we love every interaction with each of you.
So thank you. I appreciate you so much.
Here are my thank you gifts, which three people can win by following the instructions below. You may comment until January 5th.
Here's what you have to do to win:
Comment on this post with ANY one of the following:
- Tell me something you'd like to learn in 2016 - anything - not necessarily craft related
- Tell me the name of your crafty BFF
- A crafty tip of some sort - anything that makes your crafting easier
- Tell me about your pets
- Share a favorite recipe
- Share a New Year's Resolution
- Share a wish for the year
Thank you again for just being here - and I wish you the best for your new year.
Please go through this list of amazing people participating - all of them have presents for you.
Scrapbook Cards & Today Magazine
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
CAS-ual Friday Stamps
Stamp Simply Ribbon Store
OHscrap (Bossy Joscie)
A Jillian Vance Design
Your Everyday Stamps
>>>>> Lydia Fiedler - you are here! <<<<<
Yvonne Van de Grijp
Lee Ann Barrett
Thank you so much for coming, and I sincerely wish you the happiest New Year ever!