Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's Always Tea Time

“Yes, that's it! Said the Hatter with a sigh, it's always tea time.”

I'm wondering - have you ever heard of anyone who is allergic to tea?

Living in the allergy capital of the world as I do, I've met people with pretty much every type of allergy: horseradish, garlic, peanuts, capsaicin, pineapple - you name it.

But never in my life have I heard of anyone with a tea leaf allergy.

I'm sure there's a Nobel Prize in that realization, but I don't have time to work on it.

Yesterday I had my January technique class, which was four unconventional things you can do with a heart shape. The class came with a set of heart framelits and was super fun and relaxing. I can't show you all of them, but I will show you my favorite.



Pin It
Squee! A heart-shaped teabag!

We used the framelits to cut two hearts from these awesome tea filters.

We hand stitched them together and filled them with this tea, just using a teeny funnel to pour it in after we had sewn it 3/4 of the way.

Then we added a string and a tag from the supremely adorable Banner Blast stamp set and matching punch, which you can get free during Sale-A-Bration, which starts Tuesday! If you're coming to my class next weekend you can play with all the goodies!

What a sweet little gift.

We made a little gift pouch for it  out of the next biggest size framelit with a fun fold technique that makes two pouches at once that I learned from Dina. You fold a 6x6 square of Kaleidoscope DSP in half, and then in half again so that you have a 3x3 square. Then cut it with the bottom of the heart framelit positioned just barely outside the folded corner of the square. Then when you open it up, you have a shamrock! Cut that in half and you have two heart pouches. Seal the open side of the pouch and slip your sweet teabag in!

The label for the outside of the pouch is stamped with Tags 4 You and punched with the matching punch.

The girls loved it - I was afraid they'd get mad at me for making them sew, but I was wrong! :)

I guess the Mad Hatter was right - it's always tea time.

Loveyameanitbye.



2 comments:

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...