Friday, January 18, 2013

Keep Calm and *#$^&*!

So... true story.

We rented a car when we were in Orlando for Leadership and boy oh boy did it make the trip fun. For one thing, I got to meet a sparkly friend I've known for years on Twitter, and we had such a great time. I wish she lived closer to me, because we could get into a lot of trouble. They practically had to kick us out of this restaurant, in which I had one of the best hamburgers I've ever had. We also got to do the Tower of Terror at Disney Hollywood Studios, and just generally go crashing around having a ball.

However, my Canadian friend and roomie - Sue Farrant, had to learn how we drive in Texas.

If we're driving, we are yelling at people. People that walk against the light, people that are going too fast or too slow, basically everyone.

You have to make up new names for each new behavior and yell it out passionately, sometimes combining swear words with animals for new and different insults. It really makes driving much less stressful. I think we taught her a fun new skill.

So when I got the Dude, You're Welcome kit at Leadership I knew I was going to have to make a card to help commemorate Sue's American driving lessons.
Pin It

Stamps: Carry On, Dude, You're Welcome Ink: Whisper White Paper: Dude, You're Welcome card 
Accessories: White Gel Pen, White Embossing Powder, White pencil, Heat Gun

I used the chalkboard technique featured in our Technique Challenge. It's so fun and it's amazing how it really looks like a chalkboard when you're done!

So, if you need to get somewhere today, remember it will be a lot more fun and exciting if you just keep calm and #%&@!

Loveyameanitbye.

5 comments:

  1. I could drive in Texas. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who grew up in Texas, I can independently verify that we DO all holler at other drivers constantly. Had to giggle at your story because I still yell at people and I haven't lived in TX in 9 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO funny! Thanks for the giggles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I read that as you almost getting KICKED OUT of a restaurant, which also wouldn't surprise me.

    And I used to swear at every driver around DC, but now I take meds for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have driven in Texas. ;) I fit right in!!

    jennik

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...