Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Color - NOT a Challenge

I'm a guest for the Splitcoast Color Challenge again today and I was SO excited when I was falling asleep the other night and figured out what I was going to do with the colors.

SO excited when you're trying to fall asleep - not so great. Card idea - PRICELESS!

The combo today is Real Red, Gumball Green, and Basic Grey. When I realized I could use (if I could find the stamp set) my cute Stitched Stockings and use the grey to shade them and make them 3D I had to suppress a squee! I had a vision of how crisp and bright they would be.

But THEN, sleep deprived and all, I thought I'd make a shiny white mantel out of the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and Crystal Effects and then I really DID squee, because it was during the day and no one was sleeping.

To really get a nice neat shadow on the stockings, I used a sponge dauber so the shadow wouldn't spread too far into the stocking.

I did punch the stockings out with the matching stocking punch, but I trimmed them closer to make my shadow more realistic. I finished them off with rhinestone hangers.

Pin It

Doesn't that just get you in the holiday spirit?

If you want to play along with us, just head over to today's Color Challenge and show us what you got!

Loveyameanitbye.

1 comment:

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...