Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'll Follow You Until You Love Me...

If you allow yourself enough time, great revelations will sneak up on you and yell BOOOO! 
Pin It
These products are sneak peeks from the upcoming Holiday Mini - let me know if you need one! :)
Stamps: Googly Ghouls
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Old Olive
Paper: Whisper White, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP
Accessories: Self-adhesive Googly eyes, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, TouchTwin markers: BG3 & BG5

I had just such a moment today. I'm off today and tomorrow so I'm focusing on things that make me happy - walking, stamping, reading. I made this cute little fella after a leisurely food trailer lunch with my sister and brother in law - oh wait - want a picture?

Yes, these are the best tacos in the world.

Anyway, I came home to play with my new Holiday Mini Catalog goodies, and when I had made a card, I went to take a pic and my camera battery was dead.

Insert space-time continuum here. And a little serendipity.

For some strange reason, I decided to listen to something while waiting for my batteries to charge I had previously posted but hadn't heard in a long time, which was this.


I honestly have no idea why I picked this today, but I've always been so drawn to this performance. It's so passionate and perfect. I never saw anything like this in 6th grade, that's for sure. One of the things I love the most though, is that after you get lost in his soulful rendition of the song, (which is pretty less than average when not performed by him) he stands up, and he's just a little boy again. He was completely transformed by the performance, and by his gift.


If you really listen to the words, though, there is a great lesson in there, enhanced by his complete brilliance.


And no - it's not to stalk a celebrity.


It's career advice.


Don't you wish you could go back in time and have someone tell you to follow the things you were most passionate about until they loved you back? Skip all the other stuff and "stalk" what you love? Not let filler jobs or time or space or people get in the way?


I can tell you from personal experience that life is completely different when you do that. Is it hard? Yes. Is it worth it? Is there a word stronger than yes? Insert that word here. 


You should go out right now and find a kid to tell that to if there's not one in your own house. If that fails you, tell a grownup.

Life is too short not to stalk what you love. :) Make it love you back. Follow it until it does.

Loveyameanitbye.

2 comments:

  1. I love to visit your blog every chance I can because I think your cards are amazing and you are so funny, you make me laugh out loud. But today I'm really glad I visited because I LOVED the video you shared. Greyson Chance is incredibly talented and I truly enjoyed his performance.
    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing performance! Let's see, sixth grade makes him 11 or 12. That kid will go far.

    I would totally use my spam words in a sentence, but there are none. You'll have to give us a different challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...