Friday, March 2, 2012

Why Are You Eating The Window?

Yeah, so I was working today and I hear a really weird sound coming from the general direction of Maddie.

I look over towards the area where I stamp, and she has her hiney on my desk, both paws up on the window - you know the top of the part that opens where the latches are - and is GNAWING on the metal frame of the window!

I've always said she has pica. She tends to eat paper and dryer lint and weird things when she's being super dramatic about being hungry.

I would say eating the window qualifies as dramatic.

Speaking of dramatic - I decided to add a little drama to the week with an entry for today's Free For All Friday challenge on Splitcoast. The challenge was blue flowers - how am I to be expected to resist THAT, I ask you? I would definitely bite my way through a window to get to a blue flower challenge.

I spent like a squillion hours coloring this tiny image, but I just couldn't stop - it was soooo fun.

The stamp is from Apothecary Art - and I freaking love it. It begged for some blue. What do you think?

Stamps: Apothecary Art Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Early Espresso
Paper: Mocha Morning Specialty, Early Espresso, Whisper White 
ShinHan Touch Twin Markers: YR29, BR98, BR107, WG1, BR100, PB144, PB70, 
Aqua Painter with alcohol in it, Edgelits - Adorning Accents 

I left the rest of the colors in the sepia range to really let the blue stand out. I think those two ranges are really pretty together. Want to play along? Upload your card to Splitcoast with keyword F4A106 - there's no deadline.

The paper is shimmery in real life - I know it's hard to see here. It's the Mocha Morning Specialty DSP.

Okay now check out what I got today!! This crazy awesome Summer Smooches Bundle!

Look closely at the bottom right past the glare of general awesomeness from the other stuff - see that tiny purse? SQUEE!! That's a Big Shot Die!! It goes together with two tiny pieces of Sticky Strip! I LOVE IT! I've already made a squillion of them!! You can order all this from me starting April 1st, and I'm not foolin'!

My monthly stamp class is next Saturday the 10th - are you coming? I hope so!

Loveyameanitbye.

7 comments:

  1. This is the perfect antidote to tornado warnings! In the basement staying awake til all the storms pass so that I am. Ot startled awake by a hyperventilating dog pawing my head.

    Holy cow do I love that summer smooches DSP, and THAT PURSE!! If that doesn't sell some big shots, I don't know what will!

    Can't get a good feel for how big the stamp set images are. Any idea? Thanks for sharing...I don't check the home site much, and would've missed this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dramatic - for sure, that blue sings against the neutral tones.
    Your story about Maddie reminded me of some books you might like - don't know if you could get them on Kindle. The author is Deric Longden. Some of his books are about his mother, one about his wife, but at least three of them major on his cats. In one, Thermal (the cat who came in from the cold) goes missing for a whole month. He finally reappeared all skin and bones, and on his first morning back they saw him licking the walls, in a sort of autopilot daze. They reckoned that he must have got shut in some cellar or garage somewhere, and had survived by licking moisture from the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your time was well spent - the colors are gorgeous! As is your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - but I expect nothing less from you!

    Our other cat Snickers likes to lick the walls. He has done this off and on for years. We have no idea why and it's various places around the house... There's nothing ON the walls except for the original coat of paint... maybe he doesn't like the color?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is beautiful beyond belief. That pop of blue (understood & loved up as only you can!) Can't believe Maddie has pica and eats the window. Maybe she's low in iron. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I marveled for a long while at those blue flowers... Oh my, so beautiful. Great match of complimentary colors... *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...