Friday, December 3, 2010

The Advent of SUPER PAPER CRAFTY PROJECTS!

I've always loved advent calendars because of all the suspense of opening teeny doors every day until Christmas. They were the perfect combination of mystery and surprise, and they were so elaborate and fun when I was a kid.

Despite that life long love, I've never really found one that I wanted to make until now. And ACK! I had so much fun making this. You should have heard all the giggling and snorting going on in here during this project!

Beate sent me a link to the lady that invented this amazing advent calendar tutorial, and I couldn't wait to make it. I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to use too, since I just got my uber fabulous Doodle Factory 'Tis the Season stamps and was dying to ink them up. I feel like stamping the little elf from this set on all that I survey!!

So without further ado - TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!! The coolest Advent calendar ever!

Here's the basic creation before I added stamped images. It's 24 Real Red matchboxes, in alternating directions, with Candy Cane DSP accents and brads for drawer pulls. SQUEEE!!!

Here's a view of the top, stamped with 'Tis the Season on a Top Note die cut. And here are the four sides, aft er my stamped images were added.
It's just the picture that's wonky below, not the box :)
OKAY SERIOUSLY LOOK AT THAT ELF!!! :D

The Stampin' Up!/Sizzix Matchbox die got a workout, because the calendar takes 24 little matchboxes for the drawers. The Doodle Factory images are colored with Copics and I added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. The greetings from this set are layered onto the little tag shapes that got punched out when I cut the matchboxes. I used my white gel pen on all the little drawers.

Once you have the drawers assembled, it really goes pretty fast. Cutting the matchboxes and assembling them is the most time consuming part, but it's not hard. It will take a full package of cardstock though - 24 sheets - plus your DSP for accents.

But I'm not sure I've ever had more fun making a 3D project in my life. I just love it! :)

Whaddaya think?

11 comments:

  1. SOOOOO cute! I can now see what you were up to the other night with all the folding! POIFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great keepsake Lydia! Love this 3D project, although I must admit, I don't often make 3D. Love the DSP you used to compliment the red, the stamped images and all of those teeny white dots! Love the aqua and red together and that luscious perfect ribbon. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly fabulous, Lydia!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! So cute and thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling. I'm going to put into my idea book for next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. makes me want to make one too!!!!
    I love it and it will be so fun to open all the fun drawers and see what is inside.

    :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, those little drawers! I want to open them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lydia, sooo cute, I love the elf! I might need to order that one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is way too cute....is it legal to be this cute? It's gotta be breaking some kind of law... Lol... And, yes, that elf is almost as adorable as Will Ferrell.... great job! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...