Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Vanity is NOT a deadly sin...

It's just a lovely, frosty pink piece of furniture. :)Or here, anyway.

I had so much fun making this card. I used this amazing DMC thread for the phone cord that has wire in the center of it. I wrapped it around a little stick to make the coil. Remember when phone cords had that fabric on them instead of plastic? That's exactly what this looks like. And yes, I make an entire card around that phone cord!

The vanity is Doodle Factory Boudoir, that I colored with Copic markers. The wallpaper is SU! Sending Love DSP. The "paneling" is Very Vanilla cardstock, painted with SU! shimmer paint.

The mirror is colored with a silver gel pen.

Doesn't it just make you feel pretty? :)

It's almost Labor Day! Are you doing something super fun this weekend? I am looking forward to extreme napping. If they had napping contests like those hotdog eating contests I would definitely be a contender!

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :) Want to see my other blog?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely and I do appreciate the work u put into that cord because yes I do remember those fabric cords. Nice touch! My in-laws had a black version of that phone for the longest time and I couldn't believe how heavy the receiver was. Talk about a disincentive for a lengthy phone call! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. DMC makes wired stuff? HOW did I not know this?!

    WV: nowlessi

    nowlessi, do i have time to stop at the store on the way home tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work continues to astound me. It's simply incredible! And yes, I remember the fabric phone cords and I can still remember the gravely feel of "dialing" a number. Do you remember when phone numbers where alpha-numerica. My home phone PE24887 and my grandmothers was CA63232. I still call time & temp at TI44444!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that phone cord is fabulous!!!No wonder you built the card around it. Awesome job!
    Thanks alot, now I must have that wired DMC floss...you realize you're an enabler?

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning! so soft, pretty, and girly! heck, yeah it makes me feel pretty! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I am short on time, but I just had to comment on this one too. This is adorable! Love the phone cord, what a cute touch! Me Likey!

    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...