Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can You Tell?

I wonder if all of you can tell by my cards now what is happening with me. Whenever I have 80 squillion deadlines, I always retreat to what I think is really my basic style - simple cards, lots of white, a little black, an icy blue.

I have a craft fair Friday that I'm really excited about and another one in November so I need to focus on making duplicatable cards.

I saw a card like this on the Hero Arts Blog and had to steal the basic idea because it's so.. wintery. Simple.
Stamps: Branch Out Paper: Whisper White Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Glue Pad, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sponge, Ovals Die, Big Shot, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder

It's hard to see, but I used glitter all over the white part at the bottom. Much prettier IRL.

As are these inseparable little creatures.
Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I'm still trying to figure out how to get to one of your classes.

    By the way, I've been lurking for a while now and admiring your talent and creativity.

    I received a blog award today and I'd love to pass it along to you!

    http://badgermomma.blogspot.com/2009/10/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,

    Loving the clean and simple look of this card, so pretty.

    Love the two feline critters too, give them kisses from me.

    Hugs,

    Lisa Atha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card. so pretty and simple which is not always easy to do. You do it with finness.

    How much will you be selling your cards for?

    I hope that you sell tons of them.

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I hate that it comes with 80 zillion deadlines, but I love it anyway.

    It looks like Splotchy and Maddie are in the middle of one of those "kiss both cheeks" greetings, all cat-style. Love the furry babies!

    Little Miss A has already asked if we can come to your house to trick-or-treat this year. I told her that indeed we would, and she is excited about it. She admires me because I know a real person who is on our TV. Hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is lovely! i need to do some "less is more" cards too, although i always seem to think that those would seem like "less" to those in my classes because they're so simplistic. but no, they're not simplistic; they're elegant! have a great day, and remember matt. 6:34

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the simple tree...ahhhh and your cats...they are sooo adorable and sweet.
    That is a great shot of them.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...