Sunday, June 7, 2009

Unexpected Delights

Like an unexpected thank you gift from your new favorite company - Cambria Cove - of some forget-to-breathe-beautiful cards.... inside two even more beautiful boxes, and accompanied by a HAND WRITTEN note.

Completely bowled over that a place that values human to human contact as highly as they do has found a prime spot in our busy electronic world. I love you, Cambria Cove! XO.

Or what about the delight in finding a package in my mailbox that contained some lovingly handmade soap from my friend Linda, owner of Shambala Soap?

When I walked to the mailbox I thought - DANG - those mountain laurels smell heavenly this year.

But it was no mountain laurel. It was this gorgeous and yummy smelling handmade soap. She sent me three kinds, in stunning wraps. I didn't want to take them out - but she said she would yell at me if I used them as decorations instead of as soap! I used the Goat Milk one today and it's amazing - beautiful texture and it smells incredible!! They are all natural, and cruelty free - no dye either. The herbs are from her own organic garden. Check out her website here, or follow her on Twitter - @shambalasoap - because in addition to her gorgeous soap art, you will find a warm, sweet and funny lady.

Speaking of funny, how about a laugh this lazy Sunday? A Melon Mambo colored elephanty laugh?

How could a teeny tiny elephant doing a little can-can not make you laugh?? And - that's right - new color! The card base and ribbon are Melon Mambo. The tissue paper flower is made with the tissue from my first Cambria Cove box and has a pink rhinestone brad in the center. The "laugh" is a rub-on from the Bright Delight set. The elephant is the new Animal Stories critter, and I highlighted him and the text with my white gel pen. (all supplies Stampin' Up!) Simple & quick, and again - just using some of the 8,000 things already on my desk! :) Necessity is the mother of invention! WAY easier than organizing the studio, yes? :)

Are you digging the polka dot ribbon yet?

I hope you're having a great Sunday - I'm procrastinating a bunch of work I have to do. I feel like being lazy. *sigh*

CU tomorrow :)

LOVEYAMEANITBYE

Have you signed up for the UBlue Cyber Club? Attended one of my Webinars?? Come on - get your geek on! :)

Want to see my other blog?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am first to comment today! I am really strange for liking that, but who cares.

    I completely love that polkadot ribbon already. I have got to get some in every color. I love that elephant too and what cute card. I love simple, as much as detailed.
    Go be lazy, you deserve it.

    Hugs,

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I love love this Animal Stories set! Your cards the last two days are cute as a bug's ear! I just wish the stamps were a wee bit bigger. Cute cute!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...