Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Did I really just hear this?

"If you or a loved one died while taking the medication Digitek, call 1-800-BAD-DRUG to discuss your rights."

Wow - I'm super amazed at how infrequently people care about content, much less grammar. Forget about marketing and reputation! WOW.


***********************************************************************


Okay, I've been saving the content of this post until I had time to do it justice.

Fairly frequently people ask me if they can buy a card. I usually humor them into thinking they can until I actually give them the card and then I tell them I don't sell my cards. It would be fun to sell cards, and maybe someday I will, but I tell you this so that you will understand exactly what it is that sings the little song I hear with my heart when I sit down to make a card.

1) Art - I've always loved art and created art - since I was teeny. I like looking at other people's art, I like making my own humble version, I like seeing art in things that didn't start out that way. I love color, and organizing the stuff (or putting it in a huge pile the kitties fall asleep in, or pushing it away so that I have a space to work in) I make my cards with.
2) Teaching - I love teaching people. I love what happens the second the "OH - I GET IT" moment happens. I love the hilarious mistakes, the accidental inspirations and the things I learn from the people I teach. People who are teachers know it seems like philanthropic pursuit, but really teachers get the most out of it!
3) I love, love, love the people that art connects me with. I have friends right now I would not have in my life if it were not for Stampin' Up! and the little hurricane of connections that came with it in 2001. If you are reading this, you are one of them, and I am grateful.

For my birthday, you guys made this abundantly clear. Look at some of the cards people took the time to make me!!! It's so cool to get something you've made and parted with, and these are beautiful and made me smile!! So Yolanda, Kathy, Pam, Vicki, Neelam, Jenn - wow. And I haven't even mentioned the gifts - the yummy treats (OMG THAT CHERRY JAM), the UCHI gift card - clear your calendar, girl - you're going with me!!, that crazy cute giant blue clothespin I'm going to display my cards on, and ...




This.

My absolutely favorite card that Michelle Zindorf has ever made.

And that's saying a lot.

And Yvonne got it for me - THE ORIGINAL CARD.

I was completely blown away. I AM completely blown away. I can't believe it's mine.

This really touched me Yvonne. Now everybody knows how sweet you are. I hope you didn't steal it from Michelle - I don't know how you got it, but it's public information now!!! You know she's coming here right??? Is there going to be cuffing and stuffing at my house?? Don't think I won't put that on my blog!

But seriously - I love you guys - thank you!!!

I am off to stamp something for you!

3 comments:

  1. LOL, I'm so glad I'm not the only insane grammarian who noticed that flub on the Let Us Sue For You ad. Last time I checked dead people didn't watch stupid commercials!! :)

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're just getting back what you give so freely, so i'm not sure why you're surprised!

    are you going to frame your zindorf original? I think it should at least go behind glass and stay out of the path of sunlight. it is stunning!

    glad you know you're loved and appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW! I thought the same thing when I saw this commercial! OMG!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...