Saturday, August 2, 2008

Parting is such sweet sorrow!!!

Okay - here's today - we'll go backwards chronologically. The first pictures are from tonight - a little goodbye happy hour with my crew from Austin!! Jane,Melissa, Pam, Cyndee and me. There's our waiter - HIS NAME IS AUSTIN!! What are the odds??

Some cute projects with the bear we adore!!

The army men are part of a large painting that is made totally with different colored army men in the cafe next to the hotel - L'Astelier - very nice place that just opened a few days ago. Run by a sweet couple with a cute baby. Check it out if you are in SLC.

Then me & Jenn & Neelam - those two are gone now. :( Miss you girls.

Then THURL BAILEY STAMPING!!!! He is such a sweet man, and a really good stamper!!!

Pam Morgan with a hula hoop talking about the symbolism of circles - Lord, she is a wonderful woman.

Then - KEVIN THIESEN WAS SITTING BEHIND ME!!!!!! He is one of my Stampin' Idols!!

Speaking of behind me, the SU! staff was behind me, and darn it if they didn't get all teary eyed when Shelli thanked them and everyone cheered. Seriously - these are the sweetest people on earth!!!!

Now, the last pic, uh yeah.

So this morning I bop down to Starbucks, and because it is so blissfully cool in the mornings here, I take my quad short breve no foam latte outside and sit in this HUGE empty courtyard.

AT WHICH POINT THE COMPLETE (________ FILL IN THE BLANK) YOU SEE IN THE PICTURE BELOW COMES AND SITS RIGHT NEXT TO ME AND STARTS

SMOKING

A

CIGAR

YES, AT 7 AM.

SO I STOMPED OFF AND TOOK A PICTURE OF HIM. GRR.

That's what happens when you're a complete oblivious you know what - you end up on someone's blog. BOOYA!!

Before our wistful goodbye's, my crew, who I introduced to the fine art of Haiku last night, wrote a few I just have to share.

#1
I love Stampin' Up
My stampin sistahs just rock
My heart is simply full

#2
I love all you guys
I have so much fun with you
You're the best - BOW WOW

#3
Women congregate
To worship Shelli and stamps
We love what we do

#4
Time with friends is sweet
Stories unfold, laughter shared
Love you to pieces

#5
Convention was fun
Meeting with all my dear friends
I'll see you next year

Hope you are all having a great Saturday.

I'm hoping to post a few more pics tonight. Thanks for stopping by!!





























1 comment:

  1. I can't tell that much about the lanterns from the photo, but could she have used rub-ons? Or maybe the lanterns come flat, and she stamped them before assembling.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...