Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hurricanes are just water and color

I liked that other one so much I had to try a different color. This is a birthday card for a friend. I used Pink Passion, Gable Green, Green Galore, barely Banana, Summer Sun and Pumpkin Pie reinkers and an Aqua Painter on Foray watercolor paper.

5 DAYS AND A WAKEUP TILL CONVENTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're going, please find me & say hi!! I will have something very cute with me that you will want to see!

Okay, you girls cracked me up on my pronunciation post. Glad to hear you're with me on that.

Today's "Don't get me started" segment is brought to you by those ANNOYING LITTLE RETARDED DANCING WOMEN ON WEBSITE ADS!!! GGGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I've been doing a lot of research at work in the last few weeks, which means a lot of googling, which means a lot of poorly animated women who look like their hips are broken and they're writhing in pain above some stupid bank loan ad. Does that sell anything? Are people thinking - "wow - I gotta get me one of those broken hipped dancing women who learned their moves on some horrible fitness television show - sign me up for a LOAN!!"

I think not.

I think there should be some sort of smash key on my keyboard where I can smack those little people with a virtual flyswatter and they'll be gone forever. Can someone invent that? Think of the smiles across this great country of ours with people whacking dancing people and "YOU'RE A WINNER" pop-ups.

Now the other day I ate at Zen for the first time and WOW. Is this only in Austin? It's spectacular. First of all their sushi was excellent. If I'm not at Uchi I never eat anything raw, so I had Tofu sushi - BRILLIANT - and it was so yummy. And they have a Soco soup that was so spicy my eyes were watering and had tofu and free range organic chicken in it. Standing O for that, lemme tell ya. They only use filet mignon for their beef dishes, which is nice. Asian food with mysterious animal parts is not my cup of blackberry green tea if you know what I'm sayin.

The blackberry green iced tea was perfumy and perfect for 101 degrees. Maybe the hurricane rain bands will cool us off today.

I secretly love hurricane season. I love the satellite images on NOAA, I love the dramatic skies we get here in Austin, I love the waves (from a distance!) - it's all very exciting. I wish we could just watch them and no one ever got hurt!


Happy day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who loves hurricane season! LOL Just the adrenaline of watching them build, then wondering where they'll hit, then planning for when they do!
    Love the card too! The colors are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...now as far as hurricane season...can we all enjoy them AFTER I get home from Florida on the 19th?

    We got to "enjoy" some of the spin-off from Dolly while at SeaWorld on Thursday. I promise I will be blogging about that one later on tonight...lol. Glad to hear that Zen is good, I have been wanting to try them.

    Hope you are having a great weekend, and I'll talk to you soon!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...