Saturday, June 28, 2008

Black Magic


I've tried black magic before - I tried for a whole stamping session with my friend Chriss but I have never done anything I liked until now. It was Michelle Zindorf's tip about dipping the pencils in Odorless Mineral Spirits before coloring that really made the difference. Without that, the pencil sort of drags against the white ink and leaves voids. With it, they become much smoother and more like oil pastels - wonderful tip

Karen Barber is the queen of the Black Magic Technique, so check out her work.

On this card, I stamped the bird in White Craft and heat set it. Then I colored it with blue and purple Koh-I-Noor pencils. Then I went around the outside and inside details with the white gel pen. (Does anyone know of a white gel pen with a very fine tip?) Then I made my own tag with a turquoise metal frame, some lovely lilac cardstock and my greeting from the same stamp set - the Always set, and finished it all off with rhinestone brads and dots from my white gel pen. The card base is lovely lilac, with a tempting turquoise layer, lovely lilac and basic black.

Whaddaya think?

Off to WineStyles for my stamp camp - Hope I didn't forget anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...