Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cards from and for friends

Hello everyone! Neelam had her workshop today and she was fabulous!!! She did 3 adorable projects and everyone loved them.

She also introduced me to Welch's frozen passionfruit juice, and WOW. That stuff is good!! Then I went shopping and they were doing samples of Central Market Organics apple and pear soda - shazaaaam!! That stuff is great! Then I went to Target and put together the emergency kit for the BMW - I had to get a smaller one than my own. And just to expose you to this particular dementia of mine, I have to have an emergency kit in my car. It contains: an extensive first aid kit, a pair of tennis shoes and socks (Chriss can appreciate that my normal footwear is completely inappropriate for walking or running long distances), two large bottles of water (I have driven American cars for the last 24 years so if you have too, you know this is for my radiator and not for me), flares, a lighter, jumper cables, one of those emergency power thingies that charges your battery from the cigarette lighter, a flashlight, a large collection of maps and atlases should an electromagnetic pulse bomb destroy my phone and or my Garmin Nuvi, a can of coke (good for cleaning corroded battery terminals OR rescuing someone who has diabetes, a box of antibacterial handwipes, a trashbag, Benadryl fun strips (the kind that melt on your tongue), aspirin (in case someone has a heart attack), a box of latex gloves and a roll of toilet paper. I know, I'm crazy. However, when I'm sewing up your head on the side of the road after an apocalyptic event of some sort, I will accept your apology with grace!! :)

Anyway, my sweet friends have once again sent me wonderful things. First, Bee, who has the most enchanting blog you've ever seen, sent me this lovely BLUE and sunny card - I love it! My photography does not capture the iridescence - it is lovely. And that ribbon is so sassy I can hardly stand it!! The edges are sponged orange and just so intense and lovely. Thanks BEE!!!




Then, speaking of blue, look at this heartstopping blue beauty from my friend Vee - she's been reading the Zindorf tutorials and doing amazing work. My favorite flower really comes to life on this card - look at all the details!!! The symmetrical stamping in the corners and on the border - amazing, as always Vicki!!

I don't know whether the edges are sponged or brayered, but I can tell you that they are the most amazing deep & bright cobalt blue. Just stunning. Hoping my irises bloom this year!
It's year three after the transplant, so it's time.


This one is my card, featuring an Inque Boutique image, I actually made for Kristina Werner, who had a birthday this week! It was really easy to make the background by sponging various blues, and then I just stamped that lovely bird on two separate panels and lined them up. The patterned paper is Basic Grey, and I took Not Quite Navy and sponged the edges of this piece too. It's amazing how cool just sponging background paper is. Why have I never done that before? I distressed the edges of the Bashful Blue piece with my distressing tool.




Then this last card, for a friend, I made this afternoon. I actually took the part of the panel from the card above that I had cut off and used that for the background of the main image, which is a beautiful weeping willow from Impression Obsession. The trees in this set are really nice. This is a sympathy card, so I thought it had both beauty and a serious, reflective note. I used postits to mask and sponge the ground. First, above the post it notes with Always Artichoke, and then below the post its with Chocolate Chip. The tree and the greeting are stamped with Adirondack Pitch Black. Believe it or not, the base of the card is Not Quite Navy, which is horribly distorted in this picture. Sorry about that.
I used the perforating tool from the distressing kit to run a vertical and horizontal perforation line on the card. Then I stamped the other image from Kind Thoughts all over the background in Not Quite Navy.
I'm so excited because my Fresh Cuts notes (OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE) and the stamp set came yesterday. Tomorrow is busy but I'm hoping to create something for you with them!
Hope you're having a great Saturday!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thanks Lydia, you're too kind!! *blushes*, and I didn't even post the cool bee card you sent me on my blog... ;-) I just had to send you a BLUE card, after all that's the first thing we have in common! :-).... I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...