Friday, February 15, 2008

Limited Supply Challenge

















I stamped with my friend Chriss, a fellow demo, and we decided we haven't done the SCS challenges enough and needed to get back on the train! So I'm stretched out in my private dining car on that train, a frosty Manhattan with three cherries in hand, enjoying my view of the Continental Divide while some British butler types ask me if I have everything I need..

WHOA - what just happened?? I'm back.
Here's my card. Lots of punches, with Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava and Chocolate Chip CS, layered onto a Close to Cocoa card front. I stamped the greeting in Chocolate Chip with the Sale a Bration set - So Many Scallops, inked with a chocolate chip marker.

Then I added some self adhesive rhinestone accents from Marcella K. I'm not super happy with this product, because half of the ones I lifted off the sheet left the adhesive behind so they were a waste. If anyone has better self adhesive rhinestones, I'd really like to hear what brand they are.
Now, let's talk product. I don't subscribe to the newspaper and haven't in a very long time. Very long story I'll tell you sometime. So I don't get the Michael's coupons and that always hacked me off. Well they finally got smart and they used the zip code info they collect at checkout to find who was coming to the store and THEY MAILED ME THE COUPONS!!! I was so excited, because I really wanted a big set of the PrismaColor pencils but they're too expensive. So tonight on my way home from dinner I stopped and got the 72 color set - 72 colors (!!!!!) for 50% off!! They are normally $90 and I got them for $45!! Yeehaw!! Do you know there are 8 shades of blue?!?!?!

And things just get better and better. I stop on my way home and check the mail and look what I got!!!! This beautiful card with one of my FAVORITE sets from SU! EVER!!! This is from my friend Lynne in Canada - a wonderful woman who finds the most fun websites and sends me the sweetest notes. Thanks Lynne - it's beautiful and is up on my wall. Sweet lady. Look - she even stamped the envelope!!

I can't wait to play tomorrow. It's supposed to be rainy and gross so I'm ready to stamp!

:) TFL! TTFN!!

1 comment:

  1. i want to know all the different punches you used on this one! it's TOTALLY my style...

    happy stampin'...i'm off to make the java.

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...