Friday, November 23, 2007

My Sense of Snow









And what a difference it makes! It snowed all night and hasn't stopped today. Big endless flakes, and that pretty soft silence that comes with it. Thought I'd take a break from the gallery stomp and share my view with you. We will be buried by tonight. This morning I started my day in solitude, which I love, walking around taking pictures in the snow, and then a fabulous serving of chilaquiles at the somewhat famous Plaza Restaurant. This place is a blast from the past, as you can see. Mile high cakes and pies behind the counter, small formica tables, squeaky clean, and no frills. And certainly the best chilaquiles in the world. I'm glad I got to enjoy it all as an observer, just me, my thoughts and my camera. No leftovers here, so enjoy your turkey & stuffing sandwiches for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks so pretty and silent Lydia. Enjoy it. Se ya on Wednesday. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of the walkway is breathtaking. love the silence snow brings. don't know how long it'll be before i experience that again. the chilaquiles sound so yummy, but why no leftovers?

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...