Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Insomnia!! (AND BIG NEWS!!!


I'm not a good sleeper anyway, but really? 3:30? Is that an acceptable time to wake up?? I think not. Now what I wish I could post is my black and white and grey criss cross card for the SSSS challenge, but the S in SSSS prevents me from the big reveal until after tomorrow night. You might have to wait TWO days!!

It's so pretty I'm actually going to send it in for this month's WOW - Art File for Stampin' Up! I won't win, but maybe it will make it on the showcase! The only bummer is that something about it (heh heh) makes it very difficult to photograph. BUT, it's already cropped, photoshopped, watermarked and ready to go for tomorrow night or early Thursday!!

Today I have for you my favorite (all-time) retired Stampin' Up! set and some cuttlebug action. It's hard to see in the photo, but I took craft ink and sponged on top of the cuttlebugging to highlight it and it looks very cool in real life. This is a case of a splitcoast card that used the flutterfly stamp from Stampendous, which I have and love also.
Ready for the big news???? I have been asked to be a guest designer for Starving Artistamps!!! It's true! I'm not making it up!! I got my invitation this weekend!! So stay tuned for my first assignment. In the meantime, check out their beautiful stamps on their website by clicking the link above or here. I LOVE their botanicals, the butterflies and I really really love the fossils. I'm hoping I get a fossil assignment!! The butterfly images are from actual species of butterflies, and I'm a tad obsessive about my butterflies, as you know!
Anyway, try to hold your breath until tomorrow so that you can see my colorless creation, but more importantly, the creations of SPam, (inventor of the Eye-Phone) SChriss (Coyote Slayer) and Sjane (Who will receive a nickname tomorrow I'm sure!) - the most talented ladies I know!
Okay, it's still only 4:19!!!! WTH????
See ya.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! I know you'll be a great addition to their creative team. I like the butterfly and can't wait to see the BWG criss cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA, Lydia! That is awesome news! So do tell... did you have to apply for this, or did they just see your blog and decided to "hire" you? That is great news, but I hope you don't give up on SU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness...LYDIA!!!! Congrats!!!! Can you here me squeeeeeeling? I am so happy for you. They have beautiful stamps. I looked at them maybe a month ago and was so impressed AND overwhelmed with their selection. True art stamps! Can hardly wait to see you in person tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Lydia!! You're a great designer and Starving Artistamps is lucky to have you. I can't wait to see your creations. The card you posted is beautiful. I'll have to dig out my Wonderful Wings this weekend to play. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Every time you leave a comment, a new LOLcat is born. ALSO - don't panic if you don't see your comment right away - I moderate my comments to keep those spammers out, so your comment will show up in short order. Unless you're linking me to Russian brides or Nigerian princes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...